The Church of Saint Ivan is situated on the St. Ivan Island in the Rovinj archipealgo. Sadly to mention, only remains of the church are left today.
In the middle ages ,The Eremite of Saint Geronimo of Fiesole lived there and they built themself a church and a monastery. In 1668 the Pope abolished the order and they left the island.
There is a second contradictory fact that the church was deserted with the arrival of Napoleon – back in 1806.
After the residents left the island, the fishermans and sailors of Rovinj kept taking care for the building.
As the authority of this territory changed through the centuries, the church of Saint Ivan was left forgotten and with time it collapsed.
Extra tip: Read more about St. Ivan Island.